Early Airmail Stamps

Discussion in 'United States Stamps' started by kacyds, Aug 23, 2011.

1. kacyds

kacyds New Member

A C15??? How super is that. Make sure you show us when it arrives. :rolleyes:

2. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

Oh you know it! I could show you the sellers image but I'd rather wait until it arrives. I also have quite a few of the pictorials on the way to me from Guatemala but I'm starting to get worried as it's been over 2 weeks since I won the auction and still no mail from him. I have faith though because he's a good person and a staple on s.c.f. so it'll get here.

3. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

I ended up passing on the C15. Sadly It would have been a bad buy on my part as there was too many flaws for the asking price and for what I was going to & willing to pay, I think it would be wiser to wait. I'm pretty bummed out about it all. It would have caused bad blood between friends as I have known him my whole life. I did however get those US pictorials. I put them up later on the appropriate thread.

4. kacyds

kacyds New Member

Thats fine, I understand fully. I have noticed over the last couple of years, for the most part that if you want to purchase all 3 Zeppelins, you best to buy it as a set. They seem to be less expensive it you do. I noticed that if you purchased them seperately, you will be paying much more.

Just an observation. :cool:

5. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

Yep I've seen that and also people seem to think that these are waaaaaay more expensive than they really are too and they price them accordingly too! lol I don't mind dropping some cash on something but it must be at least reasonable ya know? It's very hard to discern the actual condition of these stamps without seeing them "in person". I like reflecting some light off the gum to see any disturbance in the gum and my jewelers loupe to spot signs of Re-Gumming. That practice was very prevalent in that era (and apparently still is). Be very cautious making a purchase of that calibur w/o taking a very close look and with a guarantee with the rights of certification.

Draft saved Draft deleted