Early Airmail Stamps

Discussion in 'United States Stamps' started by kacyds, Aug 23, 2011.

1. kacyds

kacyds New Member

ratio411 likes this.
  2. zararina

zararina Simply Me! :D

3. kacyds

kacyds New Member

Good one, now you have 147 more airmail stamps to collect. lol The 148 one came out this year.

4. ratio411

ratio411 Active Member

I sent you a package.
    You'll soon have more than one.

zararina likes this.
  5. ratio411

ratio411 Active Member

Very nice.
    I have 2 baby Zeps, unused, but both have faults. :(
    My C2 is purely a hole filler, and C3, C5, C6 are just plain holes.

6. kacyds

kacyds New Member

Thanks for the laugh. :D

7. ratio411

ratio411 Active Member

Yeah, the baby Zeps make me sick...
    My Dad bought one from Mystic right before he passed...
    Of course he paid WAY TOO MUCH coming from Mystic, then on top of that, upon close inspection, it has a crease.
    The other one came out of the hoard I am currently going through.
    It would be gorgeous, except there is a rust colored stain smack in the center of the stamp.
    I think it was hinged in the past with a cheap hinge, and it has since reacted with the stamp, causing the stain that bled through.

I think I will let that issue be until I have everything else (less big Zeps) complete. Then I'll consider upgrading.

8. kacyds

kacyds New Member

Its ashame that you have to pay high dollar and get a crappy stamp. Have bought some stamps from Mystic, but no high dollar ones. They keep sending me approvals that I dont ask for, so guess what, now I keep them. They are cheap stamps that make good trading material. lol

9. ratio411

ratio411 Active Member

That's funny!
    When Dad passed, Mystic kept sending stuff that we didn't ask for, and then sending bills.

I sent several letters saying that any further items sent would be kept as they were sent without our permission.
    They kept sending stuff.

After about 6 months of sending crap back, I called and made it loud and clear, they were going to start losing inventory down a black hole if they sent any more.
    I probably could have kept it all legally, but didn't want to be that way. When I found out that Dad had been buying from them for the last few years of his life, and saw how much he was paying, I was really mad. He was bed ridden and never used the internet, much less eBay or the like, so he was buying the absolute most expensive way ever, and buying a lot.

On eBay or Stampwants you pay a fraction of CV for stamps, with Mystic, you often pay OVER CV!
    It's crazy, and almost criminal IMO.

10. zararina

zararina Simply Me! :D

It will always start at one. LOL

Thanks so much. So excited to get it. ;)

11. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

:rolleyes: I also need a baby Zepp (but who doesn't) Anyway I get stuff from Kenmore Stamps and I, for the life of me, just can't figure out how they come up with their prices! I should scan the funny latter they sent me and a few approval cards that are absurdly overpriced! Hold on I believe I will for your amusement. OK, I couldn't locate the letter but it read something like this: Would you do me a personal favor? I feel I'm not doing a good job of selecting stamps you like so would you please send me a want list you would like to receive? (so I might)
    Anyway's here are the Kenmore approvals I promised.
    [​IMG]

12. ratio411

ratio411 Active Member

Those are slightly better quality than Mystic, believe it or not.
    I don't think Mystic owns a single stamp that is even somewhat centered...
    At least the ones they were sending Dad weren't anything close.
    To add to insult, they were asking OVER CV, when most stamps can be had for a fraction of CV.

The baby Zep they sent was AWESOME in every way... until close inspection revealed the crease.
    Right down the middle of the stamp, running horizontally. The only saving grace might be if the crease was there when the stamp was printed. Otherwise it is just a huge fault, making the value far less.

13. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

I know right?! They probably have to jack up all their prices to help pay for that block of invert Jenny's that the owner bought! lol

14. ratio411

ratio411 Active Member

That 331 is nice. I don't know about asking price, but it's purty!

15. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

I know man. I was actually thinking of grabbing it or maybe that 301 but those prices just makes me reconsider it.

16. kacyds

kacyds New Member

If it was me, I would send it all back. Those prices are outrages. You can go to stamp2go.com and find what you want for alot cheaper. Just my opinion and you know how those are lol :eek:

17. ratio411

ratio411 Active Member

Looked up CV on MNH 331... $7.25.:rolleyes:

Here's one on Bidstart for $4.99, just a purty...
    [​IMG]

18. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

I already have one of each of those anyhow. lol

19. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

Ratio I'm going to tell them the catalog values and let them deduce the reason why I'm not buying anything from them! lol Think they'll get it? And another thing, anyone notice that companies like that NEVER put stamps on tier mailings? all metered and they expect you to spot return postage also! They must be just rolling in it!

ratio411 likes this.
  20. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

I would scan my airmail stamps but I'm sick of only seeing my name in the menu page! lol I just bought a C15 but it's on it's way to me in the mail. I'll be certain to scan it when it arrives.

Draft saved Draft deleted