Does Anyone Know About This Stamp Show?

Discussion in 'Stamp Chat' started by Philbeaux, Aug 26, 2015.

1. Philbeaux

Philbeaux Member

Does anyone have any knowledge of a stamp Show in Lafayette Louisiana coming up?

I came across a very vague mention of the Bayou Stamp Expo in Fall of 2015 at a web page listing upcoming stamp shows.

Of course that is the only place it is mentioned on the entire internet.

If anyone here knows anything about it, I'd really appreciate some info.

2. Hochstrasse

Hochstrasse Moderator Moderator

I found the same site and nothing else. The APS site is not showing a show and there wasn't any information on local stamp clubs. If I see anything on APS I will let you know. It's still a few weeks till Fall begins, sometimes due to advertising budgets a show listing doesn't get any publicity till it gets nearer to show time.

3. Philbeaux

Philbeaux Member

I appreciate that Hochstrasse.
    I've been back into collecting almost 3 years now and I would really like to get connected with some other collectors around town. When I saw the listing for a stamp show I was very excited. Unfortunately, I'm a little frustrated now. I can't believe that someone would place something as vague as they did and expect anyone to turn out. The other listings on that page are legit, as I have personally attended 2 of the shows in the past. I find it hard to believe that someone would "make up" something like that.
    I know that there was a stamp club here in town many years ago. I have no clue as to what ever became of them.

Anyway, thanks for the help.

4. Hochstrasse

Hochstrasse Moderator Moderator

I saw the listing for the old stamp club, but apparently it disbanded. Some of the references about it linger in the search engines. I'm only too happy to help a fellow collector. I have to believe that the listing is legit too, hopefully something more concrete will appear on the web sometime soon.

Draft saved Draft deleted