Do you want to chat about Delcampe.net ?

Discussion in 'Auction Listings' started by Seb Delcampe, Apr 14, 2012.

1. Seb Delcampe

Seb Delcampe New Member

2. Tom D

Tom D Well-Known Member

Sebastien,

I am not ready to buy yet, but I will be using your site for my next buy.
    Question, E-bay lets me bid in US dollars. Your site is of different currency.
    Do I bid or buy out right in US and it converts or do I have to figure the dollar conversion?
    And is Paypal the same for E-bay and yours?

3. Seb Delcampe

Seb Delcampe New Member

Hi Tom,

Regarding the currency, if you want to buy only in USD, you could use Delcampe USA (Delcampe.com). Otherwise, you may have to convert... but once you are logged in, we convert all prices from other currencies to your preferred currency (check your Delcampe Parameters)

Regarding PayPal. It is nowhere as well integrated as on eBay. It is not technically possible for any other site. But I can say it is quite easy to use, and you use of course the same PayPal account as the one you use on eBay.

Sebastien

4. Tom D

Tom D Well-Known Member

Ok so PayPal is the same on my side.

I bid or buy, and then pay with Paypal. The same thing for both E-bay & Delcampe happens then. They take my money and pay who ever I bought from as a third party. What is different in the integration? Delcampe is not as large yet? But it should be smooth in the buying part right.

5. Steve Robinson

Steve Robinson Well-Known Member Supporter

Couple of things to remember with Delcampe always check that the seller takes paypal payment, always check that the seller will ship to your location. The paying via paypal is simple just request a paypal invoice from the seller then pay as normal.

6. Tom D

Tom D Well-Known Member

ok, That might be what Sebastien is talking about with:
    "
    Regarding PayPal. It is nowhere as well integrated as on eBay. It is not technically possible for any other site. But I can say it is quite easy to use, and you use of course the same PayPal account as the one you use on eBay."
    I still need to clean up what I have, so I can see if lots or stamps one at a time is where I will go. But I do like lots off 1,000 for about $20 or less US Dollars.

7. Steve Robinson

Steve Robinson Well-Known Member Supporter

Thing with paypal is it is part of the ebay family so for them it is easy to intigrate, just take your time Tom and always check the sellers prefrences :D

8. Tom D

Tom D Well-Known Member

I will go small on the first to get my feet wet, then take the dive, ok belly flop.

9. Bionicbelly

Bionicbelly Getting this stamp thing licked

Oi ! is that Libel ????? :p

And it's Mr Belly to you !!!!! :mad:

I have been using Delcampe for a while - it takes some getting used to compared to ebay, but once you are familiar it is as good, though perhaps needs the user migration from Ebay to make it work a little better as I find there are currently insufficient people to make the auctions work - but it does appear to be improving. ( That may be bacuase I am just clearing the cheaper material at present )

I accept Paypal, and currently Skrill - however, I have just discovered you only get the beneift of the Skrill reduced rate if you stop using Ebay for Skrill payments -- the issue here is I have only had a handful of buyers using skrill in lieu of Paypal.

Anyway , any one wanting to part with cash and give delcampe a go ..... http://www.delcampe.net/stores/bionicbelly ;)

Bionicbelly

10. Tom D

Tom D Well-Known Member

I was hot talking about you Sir Belly. I was talking about diving and landing on your belly. Try it and fell the sting.

11. Bionicbelly

Bionicbelly Getting this stamp thing licked

LOL No retirement Compo this week then ? :(

Problem with your suggestion is that my Belly would hit the ground 3 minutes before the rest of me :confused:

12. Tom D

Tom D Well-Known Member

Just more to love thats all

Draft saved Draft deleted