curious about my collection

Discussion in 'Stamp Chat' started by Noah McHugh, Mar 23, 2021.

1. Noah McHugh

Noah McHugh New Member

hello ive got a stamp collection that ive bought years ago and was just wondering if they would be of anyvalue i have no knowledge on them at all thank you for the help here are some pictures of a few 16165189967518439138415796524948.jpg 16165190718295983924809936657097.jpg

Attached Files:

BettyBoop likes this.
  2. DonSellos

DonSellos Moderator Moderator

Hi Noah:

Welcome to the exchange. The sample you posted looks like a beginners collection. Minimal value if you could find a buyer. Buying the collection indicates you had an interest in collecting. It is a good start. My recommendation would be to build and develop the collection as time and finances permit.

DonSellos

BettyBoop and Noah McHugh like this.
  3. Noah McHugh

Noah McHugh New Member

thanks for the response! and yes about 15years ago i was in school and there was a stamp club and i joined i bought this collection for 6$. So those 2 albums are pretty much begginers collecting books? i have no knowledge of stamps i was probably about 7 or 8 years old when i bought it

4. DonSellos

DonSellos Moderator Moderator

Noah:

The albums, if all the blank spaces were filled, would make an intermediate or even advanced collection. It's the stamps in them that make the collection. I suggest you go to your local library and check out a Scott catalog of U.S. stamps. The title usually is something like Specialized Catalog of United States Stamps. It will help you identify the stamps you have and what you need if you decide to continue collecting. I don't know how many stamps are in those two volumes, but $6 was not an excessive amount to pay. The albums alone would probably cost that much today.

Don

Noah McHugh likes this.
  5. Noah McHugh

Noah McHugh New Member

thank you for the info i appreciate it very much!

6. Noah McHugh

Noah McHugh New Member

One more question i cant obtain a book because currently in lockdown due to covid but was wondering if you or amyone else may know amythimg about this stamp it looks to be very old

Attached Files:

7. Baker J

Baker J Member

Noah, to me, this last stamp you posted might be old, but it was very common. It appears to be Scott number 65. It was a "workhorse" of its time.

DonSellos likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted