Cover of the Day

Discussion in 'Stamp Chat' started by zararina, May 31, 2013.

1. tu7

tu7 Well-Known Member

I was teasing; you'll get used to me.

2. tu7

tu7 Well-Known Member

These I like very much.
    Are you keeping them?

3. Circus

Circus Active Member

At least as long as my mother is a live, since she is currently at that stage were she can't get rid of anything that was my fathers. Last time I took her to her house to get some stuff. I caught her going thru the trash can in the kitchen. She was looking to see if I was throwing anything good out. It's bad enough that she keeps asking me if I'm selling her stuff and furniture. Off course no one would want it as it is worn out and she wouldn't buy any new stuff. She even forgot that all the stuff in her assited living apt. is from her house!
    But if and when I will probably offer it here first! Since this has been one forum to put up with an accidental collector, and his questions.

Sarahrtw likes this.
  4. Sarahrtw

Sarahrtw Active Member

People collect for a variety of reasons, and there's no "one best way" to have started. "Accidental" included.

And yes, we love questions. I posted tons when I joined and restarted collecting stamps. You're posts, questions, pictures are great, Circus. Glad you're here.

As for your mother's clinging, I expect that's a common issue people have to face.

5. Circus

Circus Active Member

You have no idea! ;) It is common in people of her age bracket.

6. Sarahrtw

Sarahrtw Active Member

You're right. I don't. But I've heard the same of people in your situation. Tricky situation, but being a circus type, I'm sure you're good with tightrope walking ;)

7. Circus

Circus Active Member

8. zararina

zararina Simply Me! :D

Your covers are really worth keeping Circus, no matter what the reasons are. :D

9. Circus

Circus Active Member

10. tu7

tu7 Well-Known Member

Sensational.

11. Circus

Circus Active Member

12. tu7

tu7 Well-Known Member

Circus do you live in an aircraft hangar by any chance?

13. Circus

Circus Active Member

Nope just an old 2 story with attic 4 bedroom house. Wifey, 3 cats and 5 parrots and her stuff and my stuff. it does have a basement which for the most part is a shop.
    [​IMG]
    looking at the back side view of the house. I was in the process of installing new windows and insulation board and new siding a couple years ago
    [​IMG]
    This is my 2 story 24'x32' shop and studio which since I stopped paint banners is just collecting stuff. But I have started to sort and get rid of stuff :rolleyes:

Steve Robinson likes this.
  14. Circus

Circus Active Member

15. zararina

I first thought your house photos are post cards. :D
    I think I have that 8c Collecting stamp on your last cover. :)

16. Circus

Circus Active Member

17. Circus

Circus Active Member

I think that is the last FDC that I have to post. I will go thru the photo folder and check, glad you boys and girls enjoyed them. As I think my father would have been pleased.

zararina, Sarahrtw and Hochstrasse like this.
  18. zararina

I really enjoyed them Circus, thanks. Any kind of covers can be posted here. :)

I would want to post more but I really have few. :p

19. tu7

tu7 Well-Known Member

Your 'house' is a dorma isn't it?
    Looks like you have plenty of room Circus.

20. zararina

Draft saved Draft deleted