Common or not readily available ?

Discussion in 'World Stamps' started by phillyguy41, Sep 9, 2020.

1. phillyguy41

phillyguy41 New Member

Hi All,

I'm a complete newbie to the hobby and found out that my father has stamps from the 1930's and 1940's from various European countries - a lot of German stamps in particular - that haven't been touched in decades.

I'm going through them now with the Scott catalog just to get a feel for what it is in the collection. Reading some magazines and books on the topic - no idea if I want to keep the gifted stamps or if I want to start a whole new collection. Any thoughts or suggestions would be very helpful!

Interesting thing is that I want to start a collection that I started - not someone else's 'sloppy seconds' so to speak. Aka - I'm not interesting in mid-century German stamps.

Here's a small sample of some stamps...
    Stu

Attached Files:

Molokai likes this.
  2. Molokai

Molokai Moderator Moderator

Welcome! I am not a WW collector - though we have quite a few here on StampExchange - so I can't speak to the value of the stamps. I do note they seem to be very nice, fresh examples, speaking well for your father's collecting instincts and skills!

Cannot you do both - add to your father's collection and begin one of your own with a country or topic that appeals to you?

Bj Slusarczyk and DonSellos like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted