Commemorative Bulletins

Discussion in 'Stamp Chat' started by Baker J, Apr 11, 2021.

1. Baker J

Baker J Member

Hi all! I found a ringed binder that has some Commemorative Bulletins along with plate blocks. I have looked around for information on them. I have seen a few on e-bay without any stamps going for $2 to $10. My question is..... Is there a price guide or anything out there for them? I thank you in advance. The images below are just an example of what is in the binder. COMMEMORATIVE BULLETIN 1 AND STAMPS SNIP.JPG COMMEMORATIVE BULLETIN 2 AND STAMPS SNIP.JPG COMMEMORATIVE BULLETIN 3 AND STAMPS SNIP.JPG COMMEMORATIVE BULLETIN 4 AND STAMPS SNIP.JPG

AVP, Hochstrasse and DonSellos like this.
  2. Hochstrasse

Hochstrasse Moderator Moderator

Hi Baker J,
    I have not heard of a price list for USPOD new issue bulletins. Seems as if these were mailed out as well as being posted in the Post Office lobbies. Whomever obtained these bulletins must have attached plate blocks to them and assembled them in a binder. I guess we could look at these as precursors to the commemorative panels now sold by USPS. Perhaps there are informal lists kept by dealers and collectors I'm not aware of?

3. Baker J

Baker J Member

Thank you! I didn't know anything about them. Learning something new everyday.

4. AVP

AVP New Member

Very sure the Dag Hammarskjold's had a color inversion/omission problem back then; believe the white, was at the top. Not exactly sure, but "they" may have printed tens of millions, to reduce the rarity and value for us philatelists. AVP

Baker J likes this.
  5. AVP

AVP New Member

**oops, See Above Reply!** AVP

Draft saved Draft deleted