Cinderellas

Discussion in 'Stamp Chat' started by DonSellos, Mar 19, 2018.

1. Hochstrasse

Hochstrasse Moderator Moderator

Ouch! Don,
    I don't even want to think about the stuff I purchased and what I could sell it for today. At least I found a few diamonds in the rough I can hold against it.

DonSellos likes this.
  2. Molokai

Molokai Moderator Moderator

I sold my 'early' collection (1964-1972) in 1984 and remember being very satisfied with the prices I received.

DonSellos and Hochstrasse like this.
  3. Hochstrasse

Hochstrasse Moderator Moderator

I congratulate your timing Molokai, that was a good point to sell. Most of the wallpaper and modern stuff I accumulated I wished I had spent on 19th century stuff. At least my large banknotes have appreciated significantly. Still, hopefully my progeny will enjoy the stamps I leave them or the coin they bring.

DonSellos likes this.
  4. philatelia

philatelia New Member

Wouldn’t it be great to have a time machine and go back to the early 80s to sell when the stamp market was at its peak?

Hochstrasse and DonSellos like this.
  5. Molokai

Thanks <HOCH>. I do wish I still had my banknote collection! But the sale was out of necessity...down payment for our first house. I had nice Blackjack and other 1861 Series collections.

Hochstrasse likes this.
  6. DonSellos

DonSellos Moderator Moderator

It has been awhile since I've posted a cinderella, mostly because I've been working covers, but also because my bids for cinderellas have been too low. This one is an exception. It was in an eBay auction and I managed to win it. It is a key acquisition for me as this is the 1st souvenir sheet issued by the Oklahoma Philatelic Society at its 1st annual convention and exhibition held in Oklahoma City in 1933. It is, I believe, scarce as this one was the only one I saw offered on eBay in 2019. With this one in hand, the only tough one left is from the 3rd convention held in Enid, OK, in 1935.

Don

b121.jpg

Molokai and anglobob like this.
  7. Molokai

I think you're responsible for the new rush to Cinderellas <MRSTAMP>! Now I can't afford them and will just have to buy more books. You're cornering the market. If Bernie gets elected I think the antitrust people will be visiting you!:woot:

DonSellos and anglobob like this.
  8. DonSellos

If Bernie, or worse Lizzie, gets elected, I'll be joining anglobob in Ecuador!

Don

Last edited: Dec 18, 2019
    Molokai likes this.
  9. Molokai

It is the Good Life in Ecuador! Spend the day drinking local beer, smoke good cigars that only cost 50-cents. Take a four-hour siesta in the afternoon. Get up, chew a few coca leaves then go out and party the night away. Are you up to that <DON>?

DonSellos and anglobob like this.
  10. anglobob

anglobob Moderator Moderator

After doing everything Molokai suggests,little time for Cinderellas......:cat::cat::cat:

DonSellos and Molokai like this.
  11. Molokai

You and <DON> would get into so much trouble you'd both wind up in the local prision! Plenty of time there for your collections. Everyone from StampExchange would send you letters - <DON> could start another sub-sub-collection, Ecuador Prison Mail!

DonSellos likes this.
  12. DonSellos

I'm good for all of it except partying the night away. My day pretty much ends at 9pm.

Don

Molokai likes this.
  13. Molokai

Mine also, <DON>! If Ecuador is like other SA countries 9PM is about dinner time. Perhaps <ANGLOBOB> can enlighten us and also a review of the local beers and cigars. I used to load up on Cuban cigars when I traveled often to Switzerland in the 80s-90s...haven't had one for a long time.

DonSellos likes this.
  14. DonSellos

I would also pass on the cigars. Don't smoke anymore. But the beers, they are another matter!:cigar::cigar::cigar: Let's have that review, Bob.

Don

15. anglobob

My day usually ends at about 10pm...
    I don,t smoke so know nothing about cigars.I find it strange that many people who smoke here buy single cigarettes.....packs are expensive.
    The local beers in my opinion are awful...more like fizzy water.
    There are a few bottled craft beers which are more expensive but are much better.
    You might have second thoughts about moving here..........:borg::borg::borg:

16. DonSellos

Yeah, I think I'm out! Canada might be a better choice.

Don

Molokai likes this.
  17. Molokai

Uruguay for me!

DonSellos likes this.
  18. anglobob

Santa didnt bring me much this Xmas so I decided to treat myself to some Delandre cinderellas.These depict various battleships of the British Royal Navy.
    Very interesting and very attractive....

19. anglobob

Forgot to post scans......old age again:cat::cat::cat: Image (309).jpg Image (310).jpg

20. Molokai

DonSellos likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted