Cancellation identification Help

Discussion in 'Stamp Chat' started by Steven Fountain, Mar 9, 2019.

1. Steven Fountain

Steven Fountain New Member

I could really use some help identifying the cancellation on this 1928 Netherlands stamp. I believe it's Scott 180. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. DonSellos

DonSellos Well-Known Member

Hi Steve, and welcome to the exchange. The cancel looks like it is a portion of a pictorial or slogan cancel. Unfortunately, I don't have a complete example to show. Someone else may have, however.

Don

Werner Salentin likes this.
  3. Molokai

Molokai Well-Known Member

I cannot help on the cancellation, but sure someone here will know. Welcome to StampExchange!

4. Steven Fountain

Thank y'all both for taking the time to help I was thinking it was possibly Transvaal. If you look closely you can see the (AAL) on the left. Thanks again. IMG_20190228_053916 (1) (1).jpg

5. Hochstrasse

Hochstrasse Well-Known Member

Hi Steven,
    I doubt the cancel is from the Transvaal. a stamp cancelled there in 1928 would have been an English issue, not a Dutch one. Perhaps it is a slogan cancel as others have suggested?

Here's a thought: First word might be Gebiet, second word as you suggested might be Transvaal and the third or fourth word might be Comité?
    Possibly meaning Region Tranvaal (Relief/Aid?) Committee?

Last edited: Mar 11, 2019
    Werner Salentin likes this.
  6. Steven Fountain

Thank you all for your help. I'm waiting to hear back from the Transvaal cancellation study circle. Hopefully he can shed some light thanks again.

Draft saved Draft deleted