CANADA POST JUMPS ON THE SQUEEZE THE COLLECTOR BANDWAGON

Discussion in 'World Stamps' started by POLICEDIVER, Aug 25, 2011.

1. POLICEDIVER

POLICEDIVER Member

View attachment 537 the biggest money maker is our $10 stamp..never seen one postally used yet!!

Philactica likes this.
  2. kacyds

kacyds New Member

I read an article about that stamp. If you use a UV light, there suppose to be a diver in the stamp. How cool!! :cool:

I was on the Canada Post website, and showed my wife the stamp, now she wants one to frame. She doesnt want to collect stamps, but she wants to frame them. Go figure. :confused:

steve logan and POLICEDIVER like this.
  3. POLICEDIVER

POLICEDIVER Member

Want me to send you one or 2 ????

4. Duke Arbinthrope

Duke Arbinthrope New Member

might it be for probate?

POLICEDIVER likes this.
  5. Duke Arbinthrope

very attractive you have the reputation of having the best stamps in the world

POLICEDIVER likes this.
  6. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

I'd pay 20.00 for that! Wow!!

POLICEDIVER likes this.
  7. Duke Arbinthrope

I do believe I am right in saying that Canada was the first country to use holographic stamps Jeff, they have a very good reputation here in England.

8. Duke Arbinthrope

20 seconds in near boiling water and non-gummed stamps just slide off the more porous envelope, I have done it with hundreds of stamps which I then send to charity

9. Steve Robinson

Steve Robinson Well-Known Member Supporter

On 18th October 1988 Austria issued the world’s first hologram stamp. The occasion was an export fair and the hologram showed a logo with the words AUSTRIA and MADE IN AUSTRIA
    In July 2000 the U.S. Postal Service became the first in the world to incorporate holograms as indicia on stamped postal envelopesat the World Stamp Expo 2000
    The Expo was marked by a series of spectacular new U.S. stamps. On day 1, they issued the 1st U.S. holographic stamp—which was also the 1st circular shape. On each of the next 4 days, another stamp or group of stamps was issued, including three more holographic stamps and the first U.S. pentagonal stamps

POLICEDIVER likes this.
  10. POLICEDIVER

POLICEDIVER Member

No they are formailing parcels, registered mail etc, BUT every time I have mailed something in the past 6 months the post office doesnt have any on hand to use and they print the postage paid indicia, damn meter strips...

11. POLICEDIVER

POLICEDIVER Member

YES, our first holographic stamp was issued in 1992 at the then 42c domestic rate, it had a globe and the space shuttle on it in holographic design, it was to commemoratate Canadas contribution to the space programof NASA ( The Canadarm...)

12. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

I threw out what I thought at the time was "stupid looking" hologram satellite type stamp a year or so ago, before I realized what it was! It was a US issue. It wasn't an actual hologram but a lenticular type. I thought it was just a franked envelope that had it on the paper already. Oh well.

13. kacyds

kacyds New Member

Glad it wasnt worth a half a million dollars. :confused:

14. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

15. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

~ I found a representative of that hologram stamp I tossed...lol

[​IMG]

16. Duke Arbinthrope

My goodness that seems expensive, in England we can mail a letter for 36p!!!

17. Duke Arbinthrope

Yes, I thought so :)

18. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

Not much man! What up wit you? Stampin' or what? lol

19. Duke Arbinthrope

What dialect is this Jeff?

20. Darrin

Darrin Active Member

I was happy when I was able to get a fine, used example of the $8 grizzly bear stamp let alone the $10 blue whale...as of tonight there is one used with a Calgary cancellation on eBay. The cancellation, however, looks too clean..like it came off of an FDC...

Oops. I'm wrong. When you read the description it appears it never went through the mail and, indeed, was never stuck to an envelope...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Canada-Canc...ultDomain_2&hash=item4161110d2e#ht_500wt_1413

Looks like a pretty nice stamp though...

Draft saved Draft deleted