Canada, Back of book material ??

Discussion in 'World Stamps' started by Bionicbelly, Apr 1, 2012.

1. Bionicbelly

Bionicbelly Getting this stamp thing licked

Afternoon fellow exchangers
    Just back from the auction , after a 7am start, and the eyes are very tired, so off to get some shut eye in a while. Before I do, just thought I would share these few stamps with you that have intrigued me on the way home. I can not find them in Gibbons or Scotts ( though that's not surprising given how tired I am )
    Anyway, can anyone throw some light, and if possible please tell me they are worth a fortune ~ so I can replenish the funds before the wife finds out how much I have spent ! _ If she does, you are all welcome to my funeral

2. kacyds

kacyds New Member

R.I.P. Bionicbelly!!!!

3. Tom D

Tom D Well-Known Member

No luck so far, what kind of flowers do you want for the grave

kacyds likes this.
  4. Bionicbelly

and you expect me to sleep ??? Thanks for the encouragement guys !
    A few more then -- see you in a few zzzzzzzzzzz's

5. Steve Robinson

Steve Robinson Well-Known Member Supporter

Very nice Antigua but can not quite make out the details on the 1st scan :(

6. steve logan

steve logan Logie Bear

love the antigua stamps BB, now wondering how much you paid for them, you can pm me if you like lol

7. Tom D

Tom D Well-Known Member

Nice place Antigua, been there when I was in the US Navy.

8. Bionicbelly

Sorry - cancelled this post as picture will not upload - will try and get it working later

9. West

West New Member

This happens sometimes David. Try pressing on other options and loading the message and images from there. If it does not work, then go back to the original method and voila, it suddenly works.

10. Bionicbelly

11. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

Do what I do B.B., Use an offsite photo storage and editing website like Photobucket or snapfish. I can just upload my scans and then all I have to deal with is copying and pasting an [IMG.] link. It's real easy PLUS I can actually find the darn things when I need them! Just a thought friend!

12. Bionicbelly

Ok Try this !

http://www.dhc-ltd.co.uk/KGPDF.pdf

Now what I was about to say, is this something that was issued to every school kid at the end of the war ?

I have never seen one before ( albeit not really philatelic ) but would have expected to have seen one given that they would have been fairly common
    The reverse has a series of war dates on - I will scan and add if anyone is interested

13. Jace Stamps

Jace Stamps New Member

These are listed in the Van Dam Canadian Revenue Stamp Catalogue. Unfortunately the best stamp (the top one) has a catalog value of $1.00, the rest are mostly 25 cents each. If you'd like a scan of the pages, email me directly (info at jacestamps.com).

14. West

West New Member

You could always write to Jean-Claude himself:rolleyes:

15. Jace Stamps

Jace Stamps New Member

Except no one has seen him since the 80's :p

16. Bionicbelly

$1 and 50c each ? :( no early retirement and carrabean cruise this week then . Thanks
    If you could send data, would be much obliged please ( david@dhc-ltd.co.uk )
    Bionic

kacyds likes this.
  17. Jace Stamps

Jace Stamps New Member

Should be in your mailbox, about 4mb so it might take a minute to download.

18. Bionicbelly

Thanks Greg, truly appreciated.
    I note that your document states there are many forgeries of these stamps - is there an easy way to tell them apart please ? I would normally become suspicious due to cleanliness, however, this albumn appears to have been abandoned in mid to late 40's so most of the stamps are in excellent condition ( one of the reasons I bought it )
    Bionic

19. Jace Stamps

Jace Stamps New Member

The fakes really only apply to the overprints and pre-cancels. (as they tend to be worth more). Yours all look good.

20. West

West New Member

Oh Contraire he is on Televison tonight!!!

Draft saved Draft deleted