Belgiaun member collecting US stamps (and other things)

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Koen, Mar 25, 2012.

1. Koen

Koen Member

Hi guys,

In Januari i started to collect US coins.
    With the collecting of coins i came across dollar- and 2dollar bills and tokens
    And because a man can never collect enough i started to collect stamps and postcards to :p

Everything i collect is from the US, wich is not always the easyest thing to de since i am from Belgium.
    But with a little help from some verry nice people and ebay can say that my coincollection (wich is my main collection) is growing good.
    The bills collection and token collection is only a small piece of the collections i have.

But here it is about stamps, so let me tell you about my stamp collection.

I collect only US stamps, if i get stamps from other country's they go in a book for later purposes (trading or if my kids want to collect)

I have 161 US stamps at this moment, dating from the early 1900's to the present.
    I bought them all at once in a lot on ebay, so that was easy to get that much at once :p

I am sorting these stamps by Scott number, and the first 20 stamps are sorted allready (so i have a long way to go :p)

Anyway, i hope i can learn as much from stamps here as i learned from coins on Cointalk.
    But i am sure that will not be a problem.

Oh yeah, pardon my English, its not my native language so some mistakes can be made ;)

2. kacyds

kacyds New Member

Welcome Koen!!!

3. West

West New Member

You will have a very enjoyable time on here new Exchanger. I have learned so much from the people on here and developed a passion for stamps very quickly.
    Why American stamps when you are from Belgium then?
    Do Belgian stamps hold no interest for you?

4. Koen

Koen Member

thank you

@West: i am just a verry american minded person ;)

5. kacyds

kacyds New Member

Have you every been to the States???

6. Koen

Koen Member

i have, but it is a long time ago (about 15 years ago or even a bit longer)
    But i have lost a piece of my heart there, and i hope some day i can go back to get that piece back :p

7. Tom D

Tom D Well-Known Member

Welcome Koen, it is great to have you join our family.

8. windmill

windmill Active Member

Welcome Koen :)

9. Steve Robinson

Steve Robinson Well-Known Member Supporter

Welcome to the forum Koen :)

10. Koen

Koen Member

11. Irene Tingson

Irene Tingson Member

I am new here as well...learned a lot these past few days. You will be amazed too for sure.

Welcome Koen

12. zararina

zararina Simply Me! :D

Hi there Koen and welcome.;)
    Nice to have you here...

13. swish513

swish513 Active Member

welcome to the forum koen!

14. steve logan

steve logan Logie Bear

Welcome to the Forum Koen, i love belgium and have been there and passed through many times.

if you would like to send me a PM with your address i will send you a welcome pack of aprox 100 used stamps and i will make them all USA for you as a welcome gift to some one just starting out with their stamp collecting, and introducing themselves as asked in another thread

Steve

15. Koen

Koen Member

Thank you all for the warm welcome

@ steve that would be nice of you
    pm is on its way ;)

16. Koen

Koen Member

i hope i did it right to send a pm, the system this forum is using is one i am not familiar with (i started a conversation it seems i stead of sending a pm)

17. steve logan

steve logan Logie Bear

yes you did it right and i have replied, and your welcome gift will be in the post tomorrow :)

18. West

West New Member

Quite a unique reason then, not related to stamps actually, but your motivation none the less.

19. Koen

Koen Member

yeah, if only i had the money for it....
    It is not cheap to travel to the US

And our doughter is to young, she is only 1 years old, so if we go she wont remember a thing about it.

We are saving at this moment, our goal, as soon as she is 6 or 7 we want to go to the US at least once a year

20. Larry L. Taylor

Larry L. Taylor Active Member

welcome to this forum.

if you would be so kind as to pm me also with your snail mail address, I would be glad mail a selection of older used US stamps to you also.

Draft saved Draft deleted