Aircraft images on stamps

Discussion in 'Stamp Chat' started by James-2489, Jul 20, 2016.

1. DonSellos

DonSellos Moderator Moderator

It is has been awhile since I posted anything here, so, continuing with my British Commonwealth/Colony countries, here are my only pages of aircraft stamps from Gibraltar. This is the long series from 1982, Sc. 416 -430 depicting commercial aircraft. There are a few others from Gibraltar, but I have never sought them out.

Don

20190225_065716-scfopt.jpg aaa.1.jpg

Werner Salentin and anglobob like this.
  2. Werner Salentin

Werner Salentin Well-Known Member

FlugInd1629.jpg
    issued June 8th,1998

DonSellos likes this.
  3. anglobob

anglobob Moderator Moderator

I wouldn,t want this----the plane appears to be upside down.....:cat::cat::cat::cat::cat::cat::cat:

Bob

Gunny, DonSellos and Werner Salentin like this.
  4. There are two others up to action this month, I start the bid around two hundred fifty thousand and they go upwards a million. Happy bidding

5. Werner Salentin

FlugInd1650.jpg
    issued Oct.5th,1998

Gunny, DonSellos and anglobob like this.
  6. Werner Salentin

FlugInd1672,75.jpg
    issued Jan.26th and Feb.19th,1999

DonSellos likes this.
  7. DonSellos

Here are three pages from my Aircraft on Stamps collection featuring aircraft on Grenada's stamps. The first page depicts a couple of general aviation light twin airplanes, the Piper Apache and Beechcraft Twin Bonanza, neither of which are frequently seen on stamps. The third page is a philatelic souvenir I purchased on our first trip to Okinawa to visit our daughter and her husband. Of the stamps on the s/s, the Douglas TDB-1 "Devastator," is an unusual selection for depiction on a stamp. It was a design dating back to 1933 lightly armed and highly susceptible to enemy fire. Devastators suffered heavy losses at the battles of the Coral Sea and Midway. They were withdrawn from combat service after the Battle of Midway.

Don

aaa..jpg 20190225_065716-scfopt.jpg 20190225_065716-scfopt (2).jpg

Hochstrasse and anglobob like this.
  8. DonSellos

It has been awhile since I posted to this thread, so here is a continuation from my Aircraft on British Commonwealth stamps with five pages of Indian stamps:

Don

Scan_20190830 (8).jpg Scan_20190830 (9).jpg Scan_20190830 (10).jpg Scan_20190830 (11).jpg Scan_20190830 (12).jpg

Hochstrasse likes this.
  9. Cappy

Cappy New Member

A few of my old stamps showing aircrafts. My first time posting images so I hope they come out all right.
    IMG_9058.JPG IMG_9059.JPG IMG_9063.JPG IMG_9060.JPG

Gunny, DonSellos and anglobob like this.
  10. DonSellos

Continuing alphabetically, two pages of Aircraft on Stamps from Kiribati. Of special interest, at least to me, are the stamps depicting the Curtiss Seamew (misidentified on the stamp as a Curtiss Seagull, and by me in my labeling on the page. The Seagull was a biplane.) and the Northrop P-61 "Black Widow." Neither appear frequently on aircraft stamps of the world. The Seamew was a two-seat, scout/observation, 1942 design. The U.S. Navy ordered 800 Seamews, but they were withdrawn from active service in 1944. The P-61 was designed specifically as a night fighter for the USAAF. It entered service in 1943 with 691 being built.

Don
    aaab1.jpg aab.jpg

11. ribUnwill

ribUnwill New Member

Draft saved Draft deleted