Advice needed

Discussion in 'United States Stamps' started by Sergey Shaposhnikov, Jan 16, 2021.

1. Sergey Shaposhnikov

Sergey Shaposhnikov New Member

Dear colleagues,

any idea about this stamp? Looks like Mi: US190 set but imperforated left and bottom. Could not find this combination in the catalog. Or can it be just a damaged one?

Attached Files:

2. DonSellos

DonSellos Moderator Moderator

Hi Sergey:

I'm not much of a U.S. collector, but my first guess on your stamp would be a corner stamp from a booklet pane of six. Possibly Sc. 634d. Several varieties of this stamp and someone more familiar with it will surely identify it with more certainty, Hochstrasse or Richard, perhaps.

Don

Hochstrasse likes this.
  3. Hochstrasse

Hochstrasse Moderator Moderator

Sergey, Don is correct that it's a corner stamp from a booklet pane, either a Scott #554c, 634d or 583a. It's not possible with a scan to definitively determine whether the stamp is flat plate printing or rotary printing as well as whether the stamp is perf. 11 or perf. 11-10.5 or perf. 10. A simple perforation check will tell you not only the perf. but also the printing type.
    #554c - perf. 11 flat plate print
    #583a - perf. 10 rotary press print
    #634d - pert. 11X10.5 rotary press print
    I'm guess Don is correct about the number, let us know when you check the perforations.

Bj Slusarczyk and DonSellos like this.
  4. RichardBabcock

RichardBabcock Well-Known Member

Looks to be a 634d theswedishtiger.com left side booklet pane single.Check this web site out to make sure.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2021
    DonSellos likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted