A modern set I am partial to-

Discussion in 'United States Stamps' started by Jay, Feb 22, 2012.

1. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

OK I do not collect modern US stamps but I just adore the Lewis & Clark set a few years back. I just recently got this on a piece of mail. Gorgeous in my opinion!​
    What do you think?​
    -Jay​
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Brandon Sheley and Tom D like this.
  2. steve logan

steve logan Logie Bear

very colourfull stamps, i d like the Lewis and Clark, although neither look like superman lol

kacyds likes this.
  3. zararina

zararina Simply Me! :D

Yes those are gorgeous stamps Jay. ;)
    Also prefer the first two stamps.

4. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

They was done by intaglio and offset style printing and were not engraved but they look like it. I remember when these were issued trying to get these from the Post Office..Quite impossible although they were taking orders because even though Jersey Shore PA is a small mountain town it was a Philatelic Center post office because of all the stamp hoopla in the State College area. Anyways I never got my order and never, that is until a week ago ever seen these off of philatelic pieces. That was because they was released as more of a prestige booklet and cost 45¢ and that's more than the obvious 37¢ face value due to the cost of manufacture so they was only available upon request and even then if they were in stock! Needless to say I was almos more thrilled with this cover than it's philatelic contents which was amazing in itself!

zararina and steve logan like this.
  5. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

A reiteration: to quote a good friend and mentor on another board.~

steve logan likes this.
  6. Tom D

Tom D Well-Known Member

Gorgeous is an understatement Jay.​

Jay likes this.
  7. swish513

swish513 Active Member

very nice!! :)

Jay likes this.
  8. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

I think I need to crop that block as the selvage ruins the over all effect of the picture as a whole.

9. Steve Robinson

Steve Robinson Well-Known Member Supporter

They do have a nice look about them :)

Jay likes this.
  10. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

They really do Steve they remind me of the "America" series of 1923. #551-#573

11. kacyds

kacyds New Member

What a nice set of stamps, and they are not even cancelled :eek: and the post office wonders why they are losing money :confused:

Glad that you like them.

Jay likes this.
  12. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

I do...I really do! Many thanks kacyds!

Draft saved Draft deleted