A few old post cards :-)

Discussion in 'Stamp Chat' started by Steve Robinson, Jan 24, 2014.

1. Steve Robinson

Steve Robinson Well-Known Member Supporter

1900 Postcard Hamburg to Berlin Sailing ships at anchor in Dusseldorf Harbour
    1900 Postcard Hamburg to Berlin Sailing ships at anchor in Dusseldorf Harbour.jpg

1904 Tucks Oilette Valle Cruciss Abbey Near Llangollen #7197
    1904 Tucks Oilette Valle Cruciss Abbey Near Llangollen #7197.jpg

1908 Tucks Oilette Estuary of the Thames & Medway #9384 Processed in Bavaria
    1908Tucks Oilette Estuary of the Thames & Medway #9384 Processed in Bavaria.jpg

visitor and zararina like this.
  2. Steve Robinson

1909 Berlin Fröhliche Pfingsten (Happy Pentecost) #43021
    1909 Berlin Fröhliche Pfingsten Happy Pentecost #43021.jpg

1910 Hamburg to Berlin Carl Hagenbecks Park, Appermann & Romer #649 41101
    1910 Hamburg to Berlin Carl Hagenbecks Park Appermann & Romer #649 41101.jpg

visitor and zararina like this.
  3. zararina

zararina Simply Me! :D

Good looking postcards! :)

Steve Robinson likes this.
  4. Sarahrtw

Sarahrtw Active Member

ooh. Very nice post cards for sure! I especially love the one form 1908. Sepia has an quality that appeals to me. Keep sharing, please, if you have more!

5. zararina

Yes, keep sharing... :D

6. Steve Robinson

I have loads more my problem is my puter :( It will no longer initialize my scanner amongst other things, so having to save now for a new one

7. zararina

Hope it will be okay. :)

8. wander_n_wonder

wander_n_wonder New Member

I am fond of sepia as well. It makes things look much more sophisticated and timeless. I do not like stamps or postcards which are overly colorful, as it feels just like looking into a coloring book.

Steve Robinson and Sarahrtw like this.
  9. Sarahrtw

Sarahrtw Active Member

"Sophisticated and timeless" yes, that's nicely put. I worked in Museums for several years, so that 'timelessness' and sense of history is what appeals to be. I love the simplicity of old stamps, photos and postcards retc

I admit I do like coloured and colourful modern stamps too. The design and interplay of tones attracts me.

10. wahmbrenda

wahmbrenda New Member

These are awesome. I love looking at old postcards. I'm a bit of a history lover and there's just something about old postcards bringing about a sense of nostalgia. Thanks for sharing.

11. zararina

I like classics too, I think most collectors do. :D

12. Steve Robinson

I try to just collect pre 1950 cards :)

13. wahmbrenda

wahmbrenda New Member

Yes, that's probably true LOL I just wonder if everyone is into history and this is the best outlet we've found. Just something worth pondering...

14. Steve Robinson

I am very much into history :) and I collect coins/banknotes/medalsas well as stamps and postcards

15. wahmbrenda

wahmbrenda New Member

Steve, do you find that any one of your collections requires less of an investment and provides you with more of an income outcome? Do you have anything that you truly enjoy collecting more than something else? I'm still relatively new to this hobby, so still learning LOL

16. Steve Robinson

Thing is I dont sell stuff and all aspects give me immense fun, I am always on the hunt for bargins LOL

17. ursell

ursell Member

I like the old post cards too. Where can I find some post cards like these? Are the modern day post cards worth money? Like I have some post cards of Las Vegas
    from the 90's would they be worth something?

18. Steve Robinson

All depends if a collector wants a certain theme but dont expect big money for them, the ones I have shown here cost me a couple of Euros each at most, I bought them at a flea market in Berlin (flea markets are a good place to look) ebay is another

zararina likes this.
  19. wahmbrenda

wahmbrenda New Member

Sometimes sticking to a theme is too restraining or so I've found. It seems to cost me more money when I do that. I guess that's why I have so much variety.

20. zararina

It really depends on the preference that keeps you motivated.
    I also do not just collect limited countries, any countries will do for me. :D

Draft saved Draft deleted