a few favorite series of mine

Discussion in 'United States Stamps' started by swish513, Feb 14, 2012.

1. swish513

swish513 Active Member

thought i would share some of my collection with you guys... here's what i have on some of my favorite series of us stamps.

my columbians
    View attachment 1831

steve logan likes this.
  2. swish513

swish513 Active Member

3. swish513

swish513 Active Member

zararina likes this.
  4. swish513

swish513 Active Member

the prexies (and thanks to you guys on here i now know what a prexie is!! :D)
    View attachment 1834

Sam B and Jay like this.
  5. swish513

swish513 Active Member

Jay likes this.
  6. kacyds

kacyds New Member

Looking good Brant. Thanks for sharing. Do you have any of the coils for the prexies?

7. swish513

swish513 Active Member

just the 1 and 2¢, both single and pairs.

kacyds likes this.
  8. kacyds

kacyds New Member

What kind of album you have?

9. swish513

swish513 Active Member

i have the scott national album, vol 1 & 2. got them with the green binder and slip cover, plus stamps inside for $100. some of the stamps inside include #11, #24, #26, #65, #73, #76, #77, #94, #113 (2 of them actually!), #114, #116, and tons of post 1900 stuff, including the whole overrun series!

10. kacyds

kacyds New Member

Wow, what a deal with some nice stamps. How do you like your Album. I have a Scott album for Great Britain that I bought last year. I paid $250 brand new. I dont really care for it. It has 2 albums with slipcases. The main reason I dont care for it, is the page size, 9 x 12 I think. Also there are not pictures for all the stamps.

Now my Mystic US album, I LOVE. It has 3 albums and has all the pictures for all the stamps. I know Sam has the same album too.

11. swish513

swish513 Active Member

i love the usa album! (i wish i had volumes 3 & 4) it has pics for the stamps, unless it's a "repeat" series, like the 1922 perf 11 series and the 11x10.5. only the first series gets the pics. i can deal with that.

12. kacyds

kacyds New Member

What year does it go up to??? If you looking to buy vol. 3 and 4, you might want to talk to Bill, his website is http://stores.nolastampshop.com/StoreFront.bok

Bill also is a member here, very nice guy, met him a couple of times and bought mounts and the GB album from him.

13. swish513

swish513 Active Member

vol 1 goes to 1934 (#1 to #751), and vol 2 is 1935 to 1976 (mine is missing a few pages and goes to 1968, #1364. used for less than retail value, can't complain)

14. kacyds

kacyds New Member

You collecting the better years anyway. Although I have the pages up to 2011 and collect them, I dont go out my way or buy the modern stamps. I believe the most beautiful stamps are the engraved stamps and all of those were before the 70's lol

The "crap" they produce now are more like stickers, that kids would put into a sticker book......:eek:

15. swish513

swish513 Active Member

i almost went to the post office to get the arizona commem today (it was released today). i will be there tomorrow to get it. but i collect the state commems as a "topic." lol

16. kacyds

kacyds New Member

Yes, now that you mentioned it, The Jazz stamp last year was part of New Orleans history, so I do have the First Day Covers. And the Louisiana State stamp comes out this year, so I probably will get them too. lol

17. swish513

swish513 Active Member

april 30 is the louisiana commem release. i'm gonna be there to get that one too!

18. kacyds

kacyds New Member

I buy all my stamps from the post office website, you can get the first day covers there, and all the new stamps as they come out. and shipping is only $1. Dont matter if you buy one stamp or a thousand stamps. lol Trying to find the new stamps locally can sometimes be impossible. :eek:

19. swish513

swish513 Active Member

i hear that. i had to go to several post offices to get the new mexico commem. (did you notice, it was on the cover i sent you??)

20. kacyds

kacyds New Member

Yes I did, I removed it from the envelope and will be in my album next year, when I get the new supplement. THANKS

Draft saved Draft deleted