1943 - 1944 Overrun Countries Set

Discussion in 'United States Stamps' started by MikeTheTech, Sep 26, 2011.

1. MikeTheTech

MikeTheTech Member

My newest acquisition! The 1943-1944 Overrun Countries Set - Mystic Catalog # 909-21

View attachment 837

According to the "Junior Philatelists" website:

2. Sam B

Sam B Active Member

Mike...another flag set that you should be able to find pretty cheap is the Historical Flags #1345-1354. Sometimes around $1 for the mint set on eBay

3. MikeTheTech

MikeTheTech Member

Thanks Sam! I'll check around. :) I love being able to populate albums with full sets.

4. Sam B

Sam B Active Member

Mike, Inbox me your shipping info...I've got some extra items I can send you to help keep you interested in the hobby:D

5. MikeTheTech

MikeTheTech Member

All out of nowhere, haha. Thanks! I'll get that to you now. :p

6. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

I recently just bought the Bicentennial era flag Se-tenant sheet from Mystic (which I don't advise doing) for 15.00 but I needed them pristine and couldn't trust eBay sellers photo's & descriptions for that. oh well it has guaranteed shipping! lol oh, and 5 uncirculated state quarters too...lol

Nice set you have there! I still need those myself!

7. Steve Robinson

Steve Robinson Well-Known Member Supporter

Lovely set Mike :) Have the ones I sent you arrived yet? I know one lot has got to the US so far

8. MikeTheTech

MikeTheTech Member

I don't think they have. I usually send thanks right when I get them. I'll double check, but they might still be on the way.

Thanks in advance! :)

And Jay: I can see myself buying from Mystic if I found a stamp I absolutely must have. For the same reason you did, if you want it in mint condition, it's better to buy from a company with a return policy than an auction site. Sometime's it's worth the "business" cost.

9. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

sadly it's so Mike. BUT it's good to have friends with large collections and copious amounts of doubles too! lol

10. Steve Robinson

Mike, If you dont get anything by the end of next week let me know and I will sort something else out for you

11. MikeTheTech

MikeTheTech Member

Hey Steve, I just got it today. I haven't had a chance to fully sort through all the stamps yet, but the covers and first issues are great! I'll definitely be having fun getting these in order.

Thank you SO much! :D

12. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

Mike PM me your address buddy I aplogize as I have had a ton of crap going on lately...

13. Steve Robinson

Not from me Mike, mine did not have any covers in :eek:

14. MikeTheTech

MikeTheTech Member

Wow, boy do I feel silly. I was expecting yours and was so excited to get them that I assumed they were from you. lol. The pack I got was from Sam. So Sam, I extend my thanks to you for the really awesome set of stamps and covers. I'll definitely be having fun going through them. Sorry for misattributing them. >

15. Sam B

Sam B Active Member

16. Steve Robinson

LOL well I know for a fact that yours wont be getting to you as they came back to me yesterday unable to deliver !! I will get them off to you again as soon as I can (be about a week or so)

Draft saved Draft deleted