1 cent blue Franklin on cover (Type V?)

Discussion in 'United States Stamps' started by noble-history, Apr 24, 2013.

1. noble-history

noble-history Member

Another find in the stacks of covers, There are so many types of 1 cent blues it's really confusing this newbie..

After reviewing the types I still don't know exactly what I have here.Some help from the professionals would be appreciated :)

As stated before I will be trying to sell most so all of you real collectors will get first dibs. ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As always thanks for viewing

2. tu7

tu7 Well-Known Member

Very Nice, please put me on your list of interested buyers or let me know when you intend to post and where?

3. noble-history

noble-history Member

I'll keep you in the loop Tu7

Most of the lower grade/common stamps will end up on ebay in lots

Higher grade/rare stamps will be posted here first in the for sale section (the only exception is the 10c Jefferson Davis Confederate stamp already listed on ebay)

What types are you looking for? I have hundreads, starting late 1800's Feel free to send me a PM

4. Sarahrtw

Sarahrtw Active Member

Very nice cover, NH. I can't help with any valuation or historical info, but I appreciate your sharing with us :)

5. Hochstrasse

Hochstrasse Moderator Moderator

6. tu7

tu7 Well-Known Member

Thanks Noble

7. zararina

zararina Simply Me! :D

Nice to see that the cover was still whole and one of the stamps is still in okay condition.

8. ursell

ursell Member

Nice cover. Where can I find some covers from the 1800's or older? How do I know
    what to look for when buying stamps? When collecting stamps what type is the
    best to collect?

9. zararina

zararina Simply Me! :D

Hi, it depends on your preference. Collecting the stamps you really like are most probably the best stamps to collect for you.
    Maybe try looking at various stamps auction sites like eBay but be careful on dealing with sellers. Try look for sellers who have good reviews or known already.

Steve Robinson likes this.
  10. KatherineGlison

KatherineGlison New Member

There are different types? Like V? Can someone please explain that to me?

11. Steve Robinson

Steve Robinson Well-Known Member Supporter

"V" would mean type 5 Katherine, you would need to check out a book on USA stamps for all the different versions :) or you can check out the link provided above by Hoch

zararina likes this.
  12. Stacey Gaubatz

Stacey Gaubatz New Member

These look very nice. Is that George Washington on these stamps. I am just curious. This is who it looks like. I am sorry. I am new to collecting and not very serious about it. I am not able to answer your question the way you wanted me to.

Draft saved Draft deleted